What is a personal health record?
It is a patient managed (by YOU) record of your healthcare needs, concerns and information.
Why is is important?
The healthcare site HealthIV.gov lists the following reasons for the importance and benefit of PHR’s.
- Improve Patient Engagement
- Coordinate and Combine Information from Multiple Providers
- Help to Ensure Patient Information is Available
- Reduce Administrative Costs
- Enhance Provider – Patient Communication
- Encourage Family Health Management
Whats included in a PHR?
Contact information for the patient and his or her family members
- A list of providers involved in the patient’s care
- Diagnosis list
- Medications list
- Allergy list
- Immunization history
- Lab and test results
- Family medical history
Is it safe?
The following website also allows a quick view of your HIPPA rights, filing a complaint and your civil rights when relating to online health information